Office Closure and Telehealth Options (Updated 6/1)
JUNE 1, 2020 UPDATE: We will continue to only see clients via telehealth at this time and are working to re-open safely soon.
To help curb the COVID-19 Coronavirus and due to the "Shelter in Place" order from the Governor, our offices have been temporarily closed.
However, our team of therapists have got you covered! Our safe, easy-to-use and HIPAA compliant telehealth system is ready to go and we are rescheduling all appointments scheduled through MAY 31st to use the telehealth option.
For Our Clients and Families:
- Your appointment will be at the same time as it is currently scheduled (unless otherwise informed by your therapist).
- You may use a computer or smartphone to connect to your session.
- There is no software or apps to install, just click the link that we send you prior to the appointment and you're good to go!
- Click this link for a quick "how to" for connecting and making the most of your telehealth session
- If telehealth is not an appropriate option for you, your therapist will be in touch with you to discuss your options.
- If you need to cancel a telehealth session, please do so 24 hours in advance to avoid a cancellation fee.
The management at MLRA will continue to monitor the situation and inform our clients and families as quickly as possible of any changes to our policies or options. Watch our social media on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for more details as well.
Meghan L. Reitz, LCPC NCC, Owner
John Reitz, Owner